stability

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 24 04:27:53 PST 2008

On 24/02/2008, Derek Parnell <derek at psych.ward> wrote:
>  Have you actually thought that through? Is each person really expected to
>  ask Walter ad hoc questions about D's design and expect Walter to reply to
>  each one with the answer?

I don't expect the creator of any project to answer individual emails,
but they can, and do, set up newsgroups, forums and mailing lists, of
which this is one example, as well as official documentation. That
seems more than adequate to me.

It seems to me that the whole basis for that question, and indeed,
this entire thread, is the underlying assumption that we don't trust
Walter with his own creation. I do.

I believe that the creative process is the same, whether one is
writing a song, a book, or a programming language; whether one is
making a movie or a compiler. And these things are /always/ better
when designed by a single person with a vision than by a committee.
Therefore, I insist that D is better precisely /because/ Walter has
his creative freedom.

Sorry, but that's just how I look at things.