stability

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Feb 24 11:09:50 PST 2008

Janice Caron wrote:
> On 24/02/2008, Derek Parnell <derek at psych.ward> wrote:
>>  However, how will we know if an application contains bugs if you can't know
>>  "what the designer intended it to do" in the first place?
>
> You could ask.
>
> Too easy?

In fact that's exactly what happens.  People either ask here or they
file a bug report stating "this looks like a bug" and Walter responds
"no that's behaving according to design".

I'm not sure why some folks are so adamant about the spec thing.  Perl,
Python, and Ruby are quite popular, but none of them has a detailed spec
as far as I know.  And if they do, I'd bet that came about /after/ they
became popular.  So lack of a detailed spec did not prevent widespread
adoption.

--bb