D not able to link .o files

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Feb 25 16:01:40 PST 2008

Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> That'll create Thing.dll and an import lib called Thing_mingw.lib.
>> Ignore Thing_mingw.lib, and create a new DMD-compatible import lib using:
>>
>>     implib /system Thingdll.lib Thing.dll
>>
>> (implib should be in the dm/bin dir)
>> --bb
>
> I have never seen implib in either the dmd zip or dmc

Oops.  Maybe you need to get the "Basic Utilities Package" then.

I should read my README.txt more closely next time ;-).  There I clearly
state:
"""
Next you need to create a D-compatible import lib from that using
'implib' in the "Basic Utilties Package":
http://www.digitalmars.com/download/freecompiler.html
--> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/bup.zip
"""

:-)