Feature Request - Raw HTML in ddoc comments

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 29 21:18:48 PST 2008

On 29/02/2008, Walter Bright <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>  For writing a book, using a word processor or Latex is probably much
>  more appropriate.

Since I solved my own problem almost immediately after I first posed
it, I'm surprised this thread has gone on for so long. In case anyone
hadn't noticed, I have withdrawn my request.

>  I know it has a
>  lot of shortcomings, but by gawd it's effective. It's one of those
>  fundamentally indispensible tools I can't believe I spent decades
>  stumbling along without.

No disputing that, but the one remaining issue from this thread which
you haven't really commented on is the fact that ddoc accepts inline
HTML, but that authors are discouraged from using it. That just seems
nasty to me. Either support it, or ban it, but not half-and-half,
please.

By the way, is there any publicly available tool which will convert
ddoc into any form /other/ than HTML? e.g. pdf?