Thread safe GUI/ MFC like Approach

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 1 03:36:39 PST 2008

CptJack schrieb:
> BLS Wrote:
>
>> Bill Baxter schrieb:
>>> Will it work on a non-Windows platform?
>>>
>>> I don't know if this is useful at all or not, but here's a multithreaded
>>> GUI lib that's been this one guy's pet project for the past 10 years or
>>> so.  Nothing to do with D, but I used to hang out on the Fox toolkit
>>> where this fellow posted about his TnFOX project regularly.  From what I
>>> understand using lots of threads for the GUI is a big point of it.
>>>
>>> --bb
>> Windows only ! Why ? Because :
>> What I want is a GUI especial made to satisfy IDE requirements.
>> thread-safe, multi screen support - tabbed mdi and docking. (fast, and a
>> freaking cool Look and Feel) This is (at least for me) a huge project,
>> means, making it platform independent by a single human beeing is
>> impossible.
>> Happy new year and thanks for the fish, er...  link :)
>> Bjoern
>
> Sorry, I just don't understand your reasoning here. If a GUI toolkit satisfies your requirements, what does it matter if it's "Windows only" or not? It seems to me that Qt fulfills all your requirements, and Qt certainly isn't "Windows only".

True. But D is the language of choice, so QT is not available and wxD
lacks of too many features. What I meant is that the GUI I have in mind
will allready have about 25.000 LOC. (based on the original C++ lib)
So creating a platform independent GUI from the scratch is not doable
for me.

Happy new year to you