dsss / scons

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Jan 1 06:49:32 PST 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:

> I think the compiler's "-v -o-" flags can help get a simple prototype
> working pretty quickly, but I guess there must be more to it that that
> or else rebuild wouldn't be lugging around the entire front end source
> code just to find dependencies.  And maybe those flags only work for dmd?

It is fairly easy detecting imports correctly (except possibly for the
string mixin stuff) without the frontend, but the frontend _do_ give
rebuild a whole lot of potential power, for instance the ddoc generation is
enabled there. Partially I guess it is mostly done because Gregor have
several dmd frontend projects, and using it for rebuild was convenient.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net