Problem with RegExp

Matthew matthewcsims at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:18:06 PST 2008

dennis luehring Wrote:

> maybe we can use the regex test suit from the perl-source
>
> \t\op\regexp.t - testprogram
> \t\op\re_tests - testcases

I don't have perl or sources on my comp. It's Windows and I just got it. So, it really doesn't have anything on it.

 But apparently from the bug reports RegExp is pretty buggy. Apparently both phobos and tango regex's are pretty buggy. So it would probably fail in many places. If I was ambitious I might try and write another regex lib, however I'm sure someone else is already working on this. Perhaps if it was really that important a well tested C or C++ regex library could just be wrapped by D. That would save a lot of time.