Why do we (I) need this? (small example)

downs default_357-line at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 3 22:30:54 PST 2008

Bruce Adams wrote:

> Can you honestly say either of those look particularly readable? Imagine
> trying to explain it to a new recruit, particularly one unfamiliar with D.
> This is why Python invented compulsory whitespace.
>
> [snip lots of helpful advice]
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruce.

I agree that neither of them is particularly readable.
However, irregardless of the trailing delegate part of the proposal, it remains
fact that the proposed dgliteral can be easily inlined, something the current
delegate form will probably never have.

Apart from that, personally I'd prefer trailing dgliterals if only because I
have to type less braces :) but if I'd have to choose, I'd say they're the
least important part of my set of proposals.

Thanks for your answer though,

 --downs