Perhaps we need to defer const for a while (3.0?)

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 01:31:38 PST 2008

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 01:30:41 -0000, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
wrote:

> Bruce Adams:
>> Larry Wall seems unafraid and perhaps even keen on breaking changes
>
> That's just one of the many things that makes me (happily) use Python
> instead... ;o)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Disclaimer: I am not a serious Perl user. Its just a language built on top
of sed and awk thats not a good basis. C++ is a much better one (for D).
Still python has its own pitfuls. How many versions of popen do you need
to get it right?
There are currently popen popen2 popen3 & popen4 and none of these
includes code
to workaround Windows not being Posix. When something is broken a breaking
change is
sometimes required. I detest having to support old broken ways of doing
things but accept
that its an occasional necessity.