Constancy lost when compiling template mixin

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 5 07:46:39 PST 2008

On 12/12/07, Janice Caron <caron800 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I just want to bump this, because I feel it's not getting the
> attention is deserves. I have a program which is awaiting the answer
> to this dilemma. To repeat the problem more succintly, the mixin
> template B(U:U) is being passed a template parameter of const(float),
> but U ends up as float (without the const). This is seriously
> problematic. Where did my const go? Does the (U:U) notation not work
> for mixins? Does the expression const(M) not work if M is an alias?
> What's going on? Is this a compiler bug, or is there some way I can
> rewrite the template B to work?
>
> I'd appreciate some help on this. Thanks.

Umm... Walter, this still isn't fixed.

Not trying to be a pain or anything, but in this post:
http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/digitalmars-d/2007-December/029769.html
I said: "I certainly hope you will look at the thread "Constancy lost
when compiling template mixin", and respond in some way - even if only
to tell me I've made some obvious and stupid error - because the issue
raised there is one that I /do/ need solving.", and then you said, and
I quote:

"I wouldn't worry about that right now, as the const stuff is getting
revised again."

OK, so I waited for the revision. Now we're at D2.009, and this bug
has not gone away. Please, please, please could you respond - either
to tell me I've done something stupidly wrong, or to assure me that it
is indeed a bug, which you plan to fix in D2.010 (for which I am now
waiting ... patiently...)

Thank you