Hopefully I have something new to add to the argument

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Sat Jan 5 16:18:37 PST 2008

Sean Reque wrote:
> Thanks for the links! I was able to find through it two very long discussions on this issue. One point that was brought up is that the reason D implements overload resolution the way it currently does is because c++ did it the same way for 20 years and no one complained. Well, a lot of post were made about different aspects of the issue, so I want to just focus on the area I have the biggest problem with. I didn't read EVERY post, but I hope this is a newer way of looking at it.

Here are some of the posts that I was thinking of in particular:

http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D&artnum=56391
http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D&artnum=56414
http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D&artnum=56418

The different overload resolution schemes between C++ and D may be a
factor as well.

Sean