The motivation for const (the big picture)

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 23:42:07 PST 2008

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 03:51:28 -0000, Bill Baxter
<dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote:

> Jason House wrote:
>> Bill Baxter wrote:

>>> It's valid English.  The meaning is the same.
>>>
>>> --bb
>>  Not all native english speakers recognize that as valid english (take
>> me for
>> example).  It's probably better to use the more common wording to avoid
>> people thinking it's poorly worded.
>
> Yeh true.  Effective communication is all about considering your target
> audience.
>
> --bb

I'd hate to be stuck with a less rich vocabularly to suit the lowest
common denominator.
(me no like less words to make simple)

Wikipedia has an interesting approach. There's a simplified form of
English as a distinct language/translation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Simple_English_Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplified_English