String and listdir usage

GS Tan sing_nep at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 17:57:29 PST 2008

Hi,

I am new to D and trying out how to program in D. I am familiar with C and I am now trying out D.

I changed a file example from std.file for listdir and allows user to NOT specific path and in which the program will check if a path has been entered. If not, it will prompt user for the path. I have not been able to get it to work properly. I am trying to get used to D for key input. WOuld you pls help to explain why, though when readln can read the input string, it cannot pass the information to listdir to return the directory listing.

Thanks for your help and attention.