Dynamic Code in D

CptJack cptjack at nospam.net
Sat Jan 12 11:27:56 PST 2008

I'm not even close to being an expert on the internal D compiler mechanisms to know if it satisfies your requirements. However, reading your post I kept thinking one thing: Everything you need to do is provided by Common Lisp, and I don't mean "CLisp", which is a byte-code interpreted CL implementation. Contrary to what most people assume, almost all CL implementations compile functions on-the-fly to machine code. That's raw machine object code, not byte-code, compiled and loaded dynamically while the system is still running. This sounds exactly like what you want. CMUCL and SBCL are the two most mature open source implementations that do so on linux, although ECL does as well and it's getting more mature all the time.

In fact, it sounds like your current system is a perfect example of Greenspun's Tenth Rule.