String and listdir usage

GS Tan sing_nep at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 15:16:43 PST 2008

Jason House Wrote:

> GS Tan wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to D and trying out how to program in D. I am familiar with C and
> > I am now trying out D.
> >
> > I changed a file example from std.file for listdir and allows user to NOT
> > specific path and in which the program will check if a path has been
> > entered. If not, it will prompt user for the path. I have not been able to
> > get it to work properly. I am trying to get used to D for key input. WOuld
> > you pls help to explain why, though when readln can read the input string,
> > it cannot pass the information to listdir to return the directory listing.
> >
> > Thanks for your help and attention.
>
> I recommend you post your closest attempt (and maybe use D.learn newsgroup)

Thanks for the link. If you could pls take a look at my code and show me what is wrong. I have read through the tutorial and many does not address certain functions. The D language spec is on the spec so little examples.

Thanks for the reply and compiling and running it. Listdir will only work if a path is specified at the command prompt but not when read from stdin using readln.

Regards..GS