Call Conventions

Daniel Lewis murpsoft at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:52:55 PST 2008

Simen Kjaeraas Wrote:

> Dan <murpsoft at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > How about a way to specify call convention and use it via
> >
> > extern(MyCallConvention)
> >
> > Would be fabulous.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dan
>
> I'm sure if we could get downs or Don to work on this, it could be done
> via some funky template mixin - possibly with absurd syntax (downs).
>
> Simen Kjaeraas

Yeah, I'm absolutely horrible with templates, and I have no idea what the final executable is actually like inside; there are 80kb of "library/gc crap" that come with every executable that I can't see past enough to be able to profile.

I tried extracting the GC out to a DLL, but nobody seems to know how to, apart from "it's possible" and "you can make DLL's use the EXE's GC doing this and this and this."

Consider I can't just do it, maybe I'm not all the programmer I like to make myself out to be.