gtkd examples

Alan Knowles alan at akbkhome.com
Tue Jan 15 03:59:56 PST 2008

llee wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find code samples that use gtkd?
Leds is probably the biggest example.
http://www.dsource.org/projects/leds/browser/trunk/src/leds

Or
> better yet. Can anyone describe the naming conventions used in gtkd,
> so that I can use existing gtk documentation.

GtkWidget* w = gtk_widget_new(...)    =>   Widget x = new Widget(....);
gtk_widget_do_something(w, ...)        => x.doSomething(......)

This is the candydoc for it.
http://devel.akbkhome.com/gtkd_docs/src/gtk/GtkD.html

you should be able to get them to build with the makedocs.sh in the gtkd
distribution - although it's a bit klunky...

I.E. can anyone tell me
> how gtk function names map onto gtkd function names. Also, can anyone
> tell me how gtk function parameters map onto gtkd function
> parameters. Any help will be appreciated.

Basically the first parameter to most gtk methods is the object, which
is normally removed, and the remaining arguments are used as the object
method arguments.

Regards
Alan