Templates

Bjoern nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 17 01:35:08 PST 2008

torhu schrieb:
> Bjoern wrote:
> Uwe Salomon(the creator) gave
>> his okay to use and modify the Indigo sources to "whatever you want"
>> Best thing :  Uwe gave me the permission to publish it under a BSD
>> style licence.
>
> Did he allow you to publish Indigo under a different license than LGPL?
>  That's cool, because he wasn't interested in changing the license when
> I asked him last spring.  That could make Indigo interesting to more
> people. :)

Yes he did !
the original reply (in german, translation follows)

Also bitte, hiermit bekommst du meine
erlaubnis, den gesamten container-code der Indigo-bibliothek (dies
umfasst die module core.allocmore, core.random, und alle tools.*) für
Tango zu adaptieren, umzuschreiben oder abzuschreiben wie es dir
beliebt, und das ergebnis unter eine lizenz deiner wahl zu stellen.

Short translation :
Okay, herewith you got my permission to adapt,to modify or copy the
complete container code .... to port it to Tango. ... You can publish
the result under a licence of your choice.

You see, very generous.
Porting Indigo to Tango is from what I know pretty simple. Probabely
replacing his stream classes with the Tango stream implementation could
use some time.
Indigo is good documented, as you know, but some comments are in a very
special kind of german.
(beside, Uwe called his creation "Ultra Deutsch" :) )
Anyway, no problem for me to translate.
Also some variable names are in german, so a bit refactoring is nessesary.

Lars Ivar suggested to publish the port at Tango Scrabble, I mean a good
place.

Afaik, you are the current Indigo maintainer, right ?
Bjoern