String implementations

Jarrod qwerty at ytre.wq
Sun Jan 20 05:26:50 PST 2008

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:45:40 +0000, Janice Caron wrote:

>> I hear the std lib provided with D is unreliable
>
> Huh? Please elucidate.

Ah, mistyped my thoughts there. I meant to say std.regexp*

At the moment, to me char[] is just byte[], except I guess when it comes
to foreach. Pretty watered down when you look at it like that.

And yes, I guess a library implementation of string would be fine too. I
just figure since strings are one of the most important data types used
in any program, I figure D should probably natively support their multi-
byte nature more transparently. Perhaps I have been spoiled by scripting
languages after leaving C/++ alone for so long, but it would be very nice
to see it happen one way or another.

I guess I like my language how I like my coffee; filled with sugar.