Frontend review process suggestion

janderson askme at me.com
Sun Jan 20 22:15:08 PST 2008

Whenever something changes in the source code at work we get an email
detailing the file changes.  This encourages a form of code review
because it encourages others to check my changes.  I could always go to
perforce to do this but that is not right in my face all the time.

Since the DMD frontend is open source I was thinking that it would be
cool if the DMD changelog included a diff of the changed frontend files
since the last one.  Users could click on a link and see what changes
where made.  How this would look I don't know.  I don't even know how
you'd set this up.  I know there's some tools out there that can spit
out HTML diffs.

Also if you like this idea, what would be a practical way for Walter to
set this up.

-Joel