Documentation comments - /// feature request

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Sun Jan 20 23:58:06 PST 2008

I'm a fan of the C# style of documentation comments, that is like this:

/// Summary.
///
/// Some longer description of the function being documented.
///
/// Params:
///    foo =     a number, most possibly 42.
///
/// Returns:     a random number based on the answer to the question
///              of life, the universe, and everything.

It seems to me this was once supported, although ddoc.html has always
listed "///" as a single line documentation comment.

Is there any chance of parsing the above?  I can't really see any reason
why two ///'s in a row would be parsed differently.  Right now blank
lines are inserted in between each line of the comments.

Some editors highlight/feature this functionality better.  My main
reason for using it is that it wastes less vertical space (wasted lines
for /** and */...), but is no more difficult to spot (since I always
highlight with colors anyway.)

I can get this mostly myself by setting DDOC_BLANKLINE to nothing, but
example sections still don't work and I'm not sure if that's used elsewhere.

Thanks,
-[Unknown]