fastSort benchmarking (was Re: Work done so far)

torhu no at spam.invalid
Mon Jan 21 09:05:49 PST 2008

Matti Niemenmaa wrote:
  > This is still pretty impressive. Results from a sort benchmark (and the
> benchmark itself, which requires Tango) are attached. Your code is quite short
> but still knocks the socks off the built-in sort.

Did you have look at Andrei's new sort template in std.algorithm?  It
was added in 2.008. I don't know if he plans to optimize it further or
not.  It can be used like this:

import std.algorithm, std.functional;

sort!(less)(array);     // predicate function from std.functional
sort!("a < b")(array);  // comparison inlined by string mixin