Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Daniel Lewis murpsoft at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:29:57 PST 2008

Walter,

I'm volunteering to head up a web development project to revamp the 'site, should you be interested.  I'm sure a shiny new website would certainly give D a toe up in the external appeal department.

I'm not running a web design firm.  I'm really not interested in advertising potential or the likes.  I'd just like to commit something I can be proud of back to the community; and I should probably do the same for Walnut later anyways.

I've been a web designer for the last 11 years, and I know most, if not all the tricks with CSS and AJAX and the rest.  I fact, that's how I got into programming.  I'm currently a Web Site Manager for one of the plethora of internal websites within Citi, and the only one I know of that's W3C standards conformant.  It's also WAI AA conformant, and implements some cutting edge stuff that I haven't seen other people on the web do such as:

- keyboard accessible multi-tier horizontal-or-vertical suckerfish menus with the fix for the IE6 select box overlay bug.

- keyboard accessible toggle-able list-based suckerfish file tree generated from the file system.

- automatic user authentication and authorization using Active Directory; which is honestly limited to intranet applications.

- ajax SQL queries dumping into an embedded OWC excel spreadsheet.

I've attached screenshots from two previous iterations of my website for Citi to ease worries.

Regards,
Daniel Lewis