Website Offer, and some rambling on Walnut

Daniel Lewis murpsoft at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:00:42 PST 2008

Well, I haven't heard a word.  I guess he figures he'll keep doing it himself.

Last night I hacked on Walnut some more; removed the block allocator crap, reorganized the parser file, made it handle for() and automatic semicolon insertion, as well as escape characters in strings.

Not much left to do before the parser is done; some tree shuffling and a few statements.

A question; how does one differentiate between an object literal and a code block in ECMAScript?

I find the following:

{ bob: "hello" }

Is this:
a) an object
b) a code block with a label, bob, referring to a statement only containing a string?

I can create more elaborate examples which could be either, and to be honest the best I can think to do is parse it as an Object literal unless we get an invalid token?