Reorg of D site

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 22 20:54:00 PST 2008

(moved from announce to the main discussion list)

Walter Bright wrote:
> As some of you may have noticed, the D 2.0 stuff has all moved into
> digitalmars.com/d/2.0, instead of digitalmars.com/d. The original files
> have been replaced with redirects (phew, that was a lot of tedious work).
>
> The benefit of this is that the searches are now targeted instead of
> picking up the whole digitalmars site. (It took about 24 hours for
> google to reindex the site.)

Good, thanks.  That'll help clarify things a lot for everyone browsing
the site.

Would you consider adding "(alpha)" near any of the 2.0 references (such
as the header) so that it's clear that 2.0 is still a work in progress?
  Also, I'd really suggest moving the 1.0 docs back to the primary links
until 2.0 leaves alpha testing.

The downloads link/button at the top of the page leads to a non version
specific page, so it's questionable to have it inside /1.0/ or /2.0/.
Additionally, the versions listed on the page are both considerably out
of date (1.015 and 2.007).  Looks like there's a parenthesis mismatch on
the page as well.

Question, do you periodically mine the comments linked from every page
for things to fix / do?

Later,
Brad