Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Tue Jan 22 23:22:51 PST 2008

Speaking as a professional at what you're talking about, there's not a
chance it would.

I will say that the company I work for would ask no less than $40k to do
a site like digitalmars.com/d, but that's still only 400 hours of work
(give or take.)  After that you're normally talking about it reading a
database, files or protocols from other softwares, or even flat files
for those who like that.... and that is something anyone can do.

Even if it did require a part time, or even full time, position in
itself - if that's what D needs, why is that a problem?  I can guarantee
you that you'll find enough volunteers if you're worried about cost.

If you're worried about efficiency, I've worked on stuff that've gone on
ABC's website etc., and I can promise you this is a solved problem as
well.  Sure, it has to be done right, but this is true of anything.

Just my opinion.

-[Unknown]