Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Wed Jan 23 22:41:00 PST 2008

My suggestions would be (obviously just my opinion):

1. Before writing any backend, verify with Walter what the server supports.

2. Make sure it supports moderation (frontend should emphasize this.)

3. Moderation would probably be presented with the author, date,
comment, and page commented for approval - one big list, I'm sure.

4. An rss feed with an optional filter for the page, would definitely be
useful.  Most likely it would have a flag for approved/unapproved.

5. Some way of highlighting D code within comments would be nice
(possibly marked up with <code>?)

6. If you're going to use JavaScript, assuming you provide some sort of
fallback (like a link) to people who have no JavaScript, it might be
nice to allow the comments per-section in the specification pages.  I'm
not sure how this would work, though.

For reference, I suggest looking at the PHP pages which have similar
functionality:
http://us.php.net/array_rand
http://us.php.net/manual/add-note.php?sect=function.array-rand&redirect=http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.array-rand.php

But again, these are just my suggestions.  Hopefully if Walter or anyone
else have any specific ideas they will say something.

-[Unknown]