Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 24 02:38:57 PST 2008

Dan wrote:
> Walter, I've read the code you have to generate the website.  I'm
> usually quite blunt, so please excuse my saying that you've used an
> axe to pound in a nail.  You're welcome to say the same about my
> interpreter as long as you offer to help.  ; )

No problem! I don't claim any particular expertise in html, CSS, or web
site design. In fact, I have a lot of trouble with CSS, as you can tell
by trying to click on the tabs in the upper right corner under Explorer
(it works under Ubuntu). I spent a lot of time trying to figure that
out, and finally gave up.

> I shall endeavor to use your existing system and see what I can do
> about the look.  I'll send that to you and we shall progress from
> there.

Thank-you.

P.S. One of the reasons for the extensive use of macros is the dream of
one day being able to generate pdf files directly from the doc source
pages via LaTeX (and not have them look like crappy converted html).