Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 12:19:18 PST 2008

Robert Fraser, el 25 de enero a las 17:31 me escribiste:
> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> >I know there are a few places in Tango where an additional line may be
> >needed (and many where you'll need quite a few less), but without exact
> >examples of what people think is a problem, it is hard to make qualified
> >decisions on where to make improvements.
>
> Not to be negative, but I think no matter how many tests/examples/whatever show that Tango is comparable or better in speed and efficiency to Phobos, the
> stigma of a feature-rich, strongly abstracted/modular standard library reminds of Java and .NET . I think the fear is less based on logic and more based on
> association between a modular standard library and VM-based languages.

I second that. Phobos is closer to C/C++ stdlib, Tango to Java/.NET.
I think it would be great to have 2 "compatible" standard libraries. One
minimalist for embeded and such (phobos) and one for "big" (or not that
big) desktop applications (tango). Of course both should be compatible and
it had more sense if the "big" library were a super-set of the "small"
one.