Website changes/updates

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Jan 29 03:20:41 PST 2008

Walter Bright wrote:

> Kris wrote:
>> Bah, what can you do <g>
>
> The problem with the winged one is it looks like Air Force insignia. The
> tango dance is characterized by aggressive staccato, precision movement,
> and the logo should reflect that, not flying <g>.
>
>> A number of us found that original image to be "perfect" but we found it
>> was very hard to work into a different theme (too big, for one thing).
>> There was also a copyright issue, but we could have made our own version
>> instead and (naturally) made a trip to Venice just to get it looking
>> right. I personally enjoyed the grafitti on the wall :)
>
> Do a google image search on tango, and I think you'll find a lot of
> great inspiration for a logo!

As mentioned before, the dancing logos had issues. We were looking for a
logo that could represent power, speed and elegance, much like the dance
and thus a reason for Tango being used as a name for the library. I feel
the new logo represents all those traits nicely.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net