Website changes/updates

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Jan 29 05:26:20 PST 2008

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> Aarti_pl wrote:
>
>> Lars Ivar Igesund pisze:
>>
>>> As mentioned before, the dancing logos had issues. We were looking for a
>>> logo that could represent power, speed and elegance, much like the dance
>>> and thus a reason for Tango being used as a name for the library. I feel
>>> the new logo represents all those traits nicely.
>>
>> Well, I would say that name and logo together represents a lack of
>> cohesion... And I think that it is unintended, isn't it? ;-)
>
> A logo is about connotations, not cohesion. The latter can be nice, but is
> rather uncommon with logos in general. The unusual aspect here may be that
> images exist that match Tango, but they still don't make for good logos.

I should add that such a logo _may_ exist, but we have yet to see it. The
only viable alternatives to the current one in this round, were fully
abstract logos.

Note that those saying the logo reminds them of cars, planes or motorcycles
hits up on the same fact that made us choose the logo; the motive has been
used in logos for such products and I would guess for the exact same
reasons - the wings represents power, speed and elegance. Having wings as a
logo for a motorcycle isn't cohesive either right?

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net