Newbie initial comments on D language - RTTI and run-time reflection

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 05:29:01 PST 2008

"Christopher Wright" <dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fnn8o1$24d7$1 at digitalmars.com...

> The problem is locating the types that the RTTI clients might request
> information about. I don't see a solution to this aside from requiring
> that every RTTI-enabled type include a mixin to register itself with some
> RTTI manager somewhere.

Yes, that's an issue.

> Great! Now you just need the filenames that are going to be compiled into
> the application. How do you get them?

Build and rebuild seem to do pretty well for themselves.

> That's not available until link time, though, which is too late to use
> them in compile-time reflection.

Sorry for the non sequitor in my post.  I was making two separate points
with those two paragraphs, not one point leading to another.  The OP is
looking for runtime reflection so I was explaining what was already
available.