Website changes/updates

Aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Tue Jan 29 05:30:03 PST 2008

Lars Ivar Igesund pisze:
> Aarti_pl wrote:
>
>> Lars Ivar Igesund pisze:
>>
>>> As mentioned before, the dancing logos had issues. We were looking for a
>>> logo that could represent power, speed and elegance, much like the dance
>>> and thus a reason for Tango being used as a name for the library. I feel
>>> the new logo represents all those traits nicely.
>> Well, I would say that name and logo together represents a lack of
>> cohesion... And I think that it is unintended, isn't it? ;-)
>
> A logo is about connotations, not cohesion. The latter can be nice, but is
> rather uncommon with logos in general. The unusual aspect here may be that
> images exist that match Tango, but they still don't make for good logos.

That is simply not true. Cohesion of e.g. company image is very
important and companies work very hard to create cohesive image for
outside world.

I think that the same rules applies to every organization which wants to
make its chances for success better. That said MOST of good
organizations shows their customers cohesive image.

*** I used word image in meaning: "everything what is visible for others
from outside of organization.". It includes among others: name, logo,
public relations, advertisements etc.

Unfortunately engineers often underestimate marketing issues... :-)

Best Regards
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)