Website changes/updates

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Jan 29 06:15:27 PST 2008

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Aarti_pl wrote:
>
>> Lars Ivar Igesund pisze:
>>
>>> As mentioned before, the dancing logos had issues. We were looking for a
>>> logo that could represent power, speed and elegance, much like the dance
>>> and thus a reason for Tango being used as a name for the library. I feel
>>> the new logo represents all those traits nicely.
>> Well, I would say that name and logo together represents a lack of
>> cohesion... And I think that it is unintended, isn't it? ;-)
>
> A logo is about connotations, not cohesion. The latter can be nice, but is
> rather uncommon with logos in general. The unusual aspect here may be that
> images exist that match Tango, but they still don't make for good logos.

I just like the concept of a standard library with its own logo.  That's
funny.  And that we're debating about what it should be.  When I thought
it was a motorcycle thing, I thought hey that's cool.  Maybe they're all
into motorcycles or something.  Maybe it's an allusion to zen and the
art of motorcycle maintenance.  I could definitely see that Robert
Pirsig guy spinning a convincing argument that tangoing and morcycling
are actually the same thing.

Anyway, image googling for "biker logo" turns up a few wings on the
first page, so I guess I'm not crazy.
Like http://www.arabianbiker.com/

--bb