Download page and D docs defaulting to D2

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 20:50:01 PST 2008

I've had about eight people come into the D IRC channel in the past week
asking why xxx was failing, or why something they thought should work
(constness) didn't.  In every single case, it was either because they read
the D2 docs, which are the default (FOR SOME REASON), and ended up
downloading the D1 compiler, or because they downloaded the ancient 1.015 D1
compiler which didn't have any bugfixes which have been implemented over the
past seven months.

So; this is really starting to come to a head.  I don't know how many people
have suggested switching the default D docs to the D1 docs.  D2 is _alpha_
and should be treated as such.  We _need_ to get this resolved.

Secondly, the D1 DMD D compiler download page
(http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/dcompiler.html) should be updated to point
to the very newest version of the D compiler, or those hardlinks should be
removed entirely and simply redirected to the changelog, which is far more
up-to-date and lets people know what's been fixed.