Newbie initial comments on D language - delegate

Wed Jan 30 13:12:21 PST 2008

Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> Janice Caron wrote:
>> On the other hand, if you want to interface with C, then you shouldn't
>> be surprised if you have to use hideous C syntax.
>
> I’d go a step further:  If you’re interfacing to a C function, you
> presumably have its declaration handy -- in C syntax.  Why have a
> keyword that’s only useful in the one circumstance where it’s not needed?

How about when you're interfacing with a different language and are
using the C calling convention as a 'lingua franca'?

(Or even linking DMD-compiled code and GDC-compiled code, since they use
different calling conventions for D functions)