Polishing D - suggestions and comments

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:19:45 PST 2008

Dan wrote:
> John Reimer Wrote:
>> It was obvious that the shot was intended to convey humour, which
>> apparently did not work on me, nor was I able to "adjust" to it over
>> time as is sometimes the case...  I can appreciate that some people
>> found it funny for whatever reason. [snip]
>
>> And perhaps also, I've always disliked it when people mock other people
>> (no, I'm not being sanctimonious; it actually annoys me).  In this case,
>> I suppose the idea is that the contributors are mocking themselves, so
>> it's "ok"... [snip]

> wow mang.  that is deep.  or something.
> I even had to look up "sanctimonious".
>
> in my never-humble opinion, it's best not to care what other people think or do unless it's necessary for first or third party safety.  let them have their fun, and just shrug and grin.
>
> regards,
> Dan

Uh... okay.  Thanks for sharing your insight.

I suppose the reason I posted was because I do care about what people
might think about Tango.  But it truly was a "take it or leave it"
offering.

If everybody just shrugged and grinned about everything, perhaps D would
not be what it is today?  Even Tango would be no better if the team
didn't take /some/ things seriously. :)

-JJR