Standardization of D

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Thu Jan 31 10:04:06 PST 2008

Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> I know, but that is not a standard, it's a specification. A standar
> is predictable and has an agenda, and meetings, and people discuss
> and desitions are taken by more than one only person.

Well if that is a standard, then lets NOT standardize D!!

The parts of a "standard" I have any use for is the part that lets you use
it. I don't give a ___ how it's made (D seems to do well with King Walter)
just what it says. IIRC in mechanical systems, standards are things like
"threads are this shape" not the people that define them (that is a standard
committee or organization).