DMD back end dev-kit

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Jul 1 17:37:33 PDT 2008

It's been talked about before, but exactly how much money do the people
who own the copyright to DMD's backend want in order to make it freely
available freely -- as at least a lib?  It's hard to believe anyone
would appraise that thing with a high dollar value given its less than
stellar optimization abilities, and since everyone knows you can't make
much money off dev tools these days anyway.

I'd happily chip in $100 US if it meant finally having an official D
compiler that anyone can recompile for themselves just by typing "make dmd".

Or is it more a matter of not being able to find the copyright holders
in question to ask them?  If so, give us the names and whatever info you
have, and I bet someone will be able to track 'em down.

--bb