DMD back end dev-kit

davidl davidl at 126.com
Tue Jul 1 23:11:17 PDT 2008

在 Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:51:01 +0800,Bill Baxter
<dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> 写道:

> Robert Fraser wrote:
>> John Reimer Wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Bill,

>>> I'd give another $100.
>>>
>>> -JJR
>>  "Economic Stimulus Act" FTW.
>>  Seriously, though, there's GDC. Maybe LLVMDC, too. So while I wouldn't
>> say no to a compiling lib of the backend, is it really needed?
>
> GDC's problem is that it is not well maintained.
> LLVMDC's problem is that it just isn't there yet.
>
> Until one of the above two situations changes, DMD will be the compiler
> I actually use.
>
> And it's worth at least $100 to me in the mean time to be able to build
> a working version of the D compiler I actually use.  Being able to fix
> bugs for myself or with the help of the community means at least that
> much to me.
>
> So it's not a question of whether it is "needed".  Obviously if it were
> really needed then none of us would be here on this NG.  D would have
> already failed.  It is wanted.  And the amount I want it right now is
> about $100-worth.
>
> --bb

 From my point of view, every patches should apply to DMD frontend, so the
community gets benefit from it.
While the backend dev kit gives the possibility of not *sending* the patch
to DMD.
The current problem of DMD development is not every patch accepted or
reviewed before the next DMD release.
Time & partial class is the main problem prevent me from doing some
backend related stuff. I hope more people can get involved into this. And
make dparser an experiment ground so people can firstly test their willing
features in dparser.

--
使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/