Why D Needs Attributes (Was: Command-line arguments)

superdan super at dan.org
Sat Jul 5 12:20:20 PDT 2008

Nick Sabalausky Wrote:

> Consider yourself extremely lucky any of us have been trying to help you
> after putting up with your attitude. I haven't seen one post from you that
> didn't include unproductive and clearly deliberate sarcasm or insults. I
> know this newsgroup operates on an "assume good faith" approach, but even
> that only goes so far. Keep it up and even the most laid-back people's
> patience will wear thin. If this were like most forums I've been on you
> would have already been banned by now for being generally disruptive.

hey nick. been lookin' over the past messages and thinking for a bit. i need to apologize for layin' it too thick.

my problem was i delurked in a fuckshat-up mood due to some attitudes that've been goin' around this group for a while. some around here feel they can demand shit solely because they use d. there's a foul sense of democracy when everybody who's nobody has a proposal and self-righteously demands for an answer. also afaict walter is very connected with this group and listens. yarp he has no time to answer the good suggestions but you know he's listenin' and you can see that with each release.

plus it's like brain and mouth add to a constant sum around here. a hundred years from now sociologists will crack their skulls to figure this phenomenon on digitalmars.d. the less they know the more sure they are they know and the more they ask, boggles my mind. and makes me fuckshit.

the problem is my fuckshat-up mood carried without reason to normal discussions like getopt. looking back i'm amazed some people (such as yourself) could actually come forth and establish communication. says a lot about'em. and guess what. they tend to be the more knowledgeable too.