Wish: Variable Not Used Warning

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jul 5 17:47:28 PDT 2008

"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
news:g4p207$24dk$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Koroskin Denis:
>> Agreed, put it into a bugzilla, otherwise it may get lost.
>
> I have written this too in one of my lists of suggestions I have posted in
> this newsgroup, probably more than one year ago :-)
>

>> Since D has no warnings, it should be an error, but it would break too
>> much of the existing code.
>
> What's bad about warnings?

Walter doesn't like them. He feels (felt?) that they tend to reflect
shortcomings in a language's design (And I think there are many cases where
he's right on that, looking at some other languages). But awhile ago he was
finally convinced to put in some warnings when the "-w" flag is used. There
was much rejoicing.