A feature request

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jul 7 03:19:02 PDT 2008

Yonggang Luo:
> Yes, gc is more safe, but also there is a keyword delete, is there any conflic here? I don't know if there conflict here. If I alloca memory space by gc, and delete it by hand, is there any conflict will happen?

In a reference counting GC the detele isn't a way to delete memory by hand, it tells the GC to remove a (hard) refence to some memory. Later the GC can really remove the memory only if there aren't references to it left (this is in a reference counting GC, but in other GCs the final results are similar).

Bye,
bearophile