An extolment for Walter

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 22:32:30 PDT 2008

I wish to express my gratitude towards Walter for his reluctance for
change. While there are many times that he does finally make changes he
was hardily against, "Shown the light" you might say. I believe that he
should not only be applauded for putting up with some of the attacks
toward him, but that this stone wall helps to clearly define the problem.

With such strong views coming from both ends, ideas build on each other
to provide what could be a much better solution. We still have yet to
really see what has come out from the Const stuff, however without such
great opposition to it some serious problems my not have been resolved.
Many are still unsure of this new direction and there is go reason to be.

I do not wish to say that Walter is alway correct in his standings, only
that it provides a very good buffer to stupid changes that would result
in later removal and rabid feature growth that does not need to be there.
And I believe even those that become frustrated trying to get a change
across no matter how trivial it seems do agree on the benefits from
having such a barrier.