Wish: Variable Not Used Warning

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jul 10 02:00:54 PDT 2008

Markus Koskimies:
> For me, it could even warn about indentation quirks, like:

> 	if(a == b)
> 		do_that();
> 		do_that_also();
>
> ...In which case the compiler could stop and say, that either add {}'s or
> correct the indentation :)

Or maybe... I have a revolutionary idea: just express to the compiler what you mean once, not using two different means that (for mistake) may say conflicting things. Let's see... maybe just using indentation? This seems a revolutionary idea, surely no one has put it to practice... oh, Knuth has expressed the same idea more than 30 years ago... how cute.

Bye,
bearophile