An extolment for Walter

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Thu Jul 10 15:24:36 PDT 2008

Reply to Yigal,

> Python for example has pypy, a python compiler written in python.
> every new feature or idea proposed by the community has a pep (that's
> how they call that, right?) and if needed they can easily develop an
> extension to the that compiler (easy to do since pypy is written in
> python and not C)

without actually reading the whole post...

and as a shameless plug...

I'm kind of working on a D compiler in D that has some of that in mind. I
want adding "optional language features" to be easy. I think I have even
found a way (on the fly regeneration of vtbls and other evil hacks) to do it.

OTOH I'm not making progress very fast to that puts a bit of salt on the
issue.