[D2] How to not full closure?

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:15:26 PDT 2008

On Nov 27 2007 in this NG, there was this thread "How to not full closure?"
See:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Howto_not_Full_closure_62508.html#N62542

For me, this is still a problem i see in using D2.
E.g. when i pass a delegate as a search criteria to a containers find
function, the triggered heap allocation can destroy all of the
performance. Even worse, i cannot manually delete the stack frame.
Imagine this function is called in a loop!

So this still is a D2 show stopper for me. Delegates are a very
important D feature. Full closures remove delegates for performance
critical code, without giving an alternative.

Please give this a high priority.