inlining

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 20:21:12 PDT 2008

"dsimcha" wrote
> If we're going to make the jump and expose these features to the
> programmer, a
> noinline attribute to do the opposite might be nice also.

Although a noinline directive would be ideal, it is technically possible to
force non-inlining of functions by using D interface files (.di) to define
the functions as prototypes, and only compile the real code in an object
file.  But that's a lot of work compared to just tagging the function.

Forcing inlining, on the other hand, is impossible currently.

-Steve