Unofficial wish list status.(Jul 2008)

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Mon Jul 21 13:28:39 PDT 2008

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> Don wrote:
> > What if the community concensus remains that const is just too
> > complicated, without enough benefit?
> A simpler const system (such as what C++ has) has little benefit, and
> all the other const proposals were much more complex.

That doesn't mean I have to like what we ended up with :-)

I think part of the problem is that I simply don't agree with the mixed
functional / imperative approach that appears to be the overarching
direction of D.  And while I do quite a bit of concurrent programming,
it's not in a way that will reap any benefit from this design.  In fact, the
language features added to support it are more of an annoyance than
they are an aid.  This may very well mean that D is simply not the
language for me in the long term.  However, with C and C++ as the
only real alternatives for systems programming, there aren't many
other options available.

Sean