Unofficial wish list status.(Jul 2008)

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jul 22 14:28:16 PDT 2008

superdan wrote:
> i couldn't design an const/invariant system to save my life
> from the same cannibals who ate bjarne. the space looked like a zero
> sum shit to me. so when i saw what walter came up with, i was rightly
> surprised. same goes about some shit in phobos2. it's not just yet
> another library. it's a fucking cool one because it's better in a new
> and surprising way.

I cannot claim credit for it. The const/invariant design was the result
of literally hundreds of hours of work (and maybe a hundred gallons of
coffee) by Andrei, Bartosz, Brad, David, Eric and myself, as well as
feedback from the community on why our earlier efforts got it wrong.

The transitivity requirement originated with Andrei, if I recall correctly.